Monday 17 February 2014

Towers of learning


I mentioned that while at #ililc4 I attended Isabelle Jones's workshop about Pinterest.  Pinterest has proven to be a rich source of mini-book type activities.  And here is one, that I found here.

It's a four-sided tower that could be used in two different ways:

  • Use in a similar way to VCOP pyramids to display key words and phrases on the children's tables while they are working.
  • Children write four short pieces of text on the vertical sides and illustrate them on the flaps.
I have created a template to make them, which you can download.


Cut along the solid lines and fold along the dotted lines:

 Write or draw what you want on each section.  I had my Year 6 Spaniards in mind when doing this one, as these are the kind of sentences they will be writing in a few weeks' time.

 Glue the tab, fold out the bottom flaps, and your tower is complete.




3 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea thanks very much. I will try this my class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire
    These are brilliant ideas and go far beyond the little books which I regularly do with delegates at my CPD courses, particularly on progression; you would be surprised how many of them have never come across little books and don't know how to fold them! Once they know it is a revelation and really embodies the Primary languages mantra of `doing a lot with a little'.
    I regularly recommend your blog and hope that delegates take the time to find and use the resources which you provide here.
    Thanks

    Jan
    Jan Lewandowski
    Languages Consultant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou! This is a fantastic resource, I will definitely be using with my French classes!

    ReplyDelete